Whether you are an instructor, a student, or a sport professional, International Journal of Developmental Sport Management (IJDSM) is the journal that will provide you with information that explains the goals, the updates and the future of sport management field and industry. International Journal of Developmental Sport Management publishes articles of a high standard on various aspects of the sport management field covering a number of disciplinary bases, including sport marketing, sport finance, sport governing, sport entertainment business, sport tourism, organizational behavior in sport management as well as global sport economy and its management and other interdisciplinary perspectives.
IJDSM is commissioned and received its ISSN number through the US Library of Congress and has been publishing quarterly since 12/11/2011. International Journal of Developmental Sport Management welcomes contemporary state of art investigative research submissions from sport management scholars, sport management specialists, and sport management students on any analysis related to sport management field. Each issue reflects the inclusion of diverse subjects in theory and practical manner, will address the particular aspects of sport management to reinforce important concepts that the readers will find useful as they progress in their professional preperations and development in area of sport management.
The editorial board members are dynamic, International Sport Management Scholars with diverse Sport Business and Entertainment Management backgrounds (sport economics, sport finance, sport marketing, organizational behavior and leadership, sport governing, sport for development, sport tourism and entertainment).
Sport has an impressive presence and popularity in every part of the globe, and IJDSM seeks to provide academic insight into the key issues and examines sport management industry with broader global perspectives. Global sport business is more than a trillion dollar business and expanding rapidly. Developmentally, in addition to the established markets such as United States and Europe, emerging markets such as China, India, Africa and South America require greater emphasis on development of global knowledge and delivering better investigative insights to the needs of both sport and sport-entertainment businesses and the sport consumers at the global level. IJDSM aims to provide a stage for sport management scholar, to explore the questions pertaining global sport management industry.
- This bimonthly refereed online journal publishes high quality articles, case studies, and book reviews to inform and stimulate discussions relevant to sport management and marketing, recreation, leisure management and sport tourism. It is designed to appeal to anyone with a serious interest in the above fields including academics, practicing managers, students, consultants, etc.
- To provide an outlet for high quality research, insight and opinion in the linked and related areas of sport, business and management
- To provide an outlet for high quality research, insight and opinion written by researchers predominantly working in business and sport management schools
- To examine sport from a business and managerial perspective
- To advance understanding of sport, business and management
- To enhance the academic study and the practice of business and management in and around sport
- To provide opportunities for exploring the latest developments, challenges, issues and thinking in sport e.g. from the perspective of a team, a club or a governing body
- To provide opportunities for exploring the latest developments, challenges, issues and thinking related to sport e.g. from the perspective of a broadcaster, a sponsor, a government department
- To deliver sport business management research that is based on perceived need, robust foundations and strong methodologies
- To deliver sport business management research that is credible, meaningful and scientifically rigorous
The IJDSM makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of all the information (the “Content”) contained in its publications. However, IJDSM and its agents and licensors make no representations or warranties whatsoever as to the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the Content and disclaim all such representations and warranties whether express or implied to the maximum extent permitted by law. Any views expressed in this publication are the views of the authors and are not the views of IJDSM
Further details of the paper format guidelines and the submission procedure will be issued in due course, although authors may wish to note that the journal will in both cases follow the conventions already used by other Emerald journals.
An online submission platform will be available in due course, but in the meantime all enquiries about papers should be directed to Professor Ergun Yurdadon (firstname.lastname@example.org)